Love the slew of emails that I get from my aunt in Florida …
While reading, keep in mind that these are first-graders, 6-year-olds, because the last one is a classic!
A 1st grade school teacher had twenty-six students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the first half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb.
Their insight will surprise you!
- Don’t change horses … until they stop running.
- Strike while the … bug is close.
- It’s always darkest before … Daylight Saving Time.
- Never underestimate the power of … termites.
- You can lead a horse to water but … how?
- Don’t bite the hand that … looks dirty.
- No news is … impossible.
- A miss is as good as a … Mr.
- You can’t teach an old dog new … math.
- If you lie down with dogs, you’ll … stink in the morning.
- Love all, trust … me.
- The pen is mightier than the … pigs.
- An idle mind is … the best way to relax.
- Where there’s smoke there’s … pollution.
- Happy the bride who … gets all the presents.
- A penny saved is … not much.
- Two’s company, three’s … the Musketeers.
- Don’t put off till tomorrow what … you put on to go to bed.
- Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and … you have to blow your nose.
- There are none so blind as … Stevie Wonder.
- Children should be seen and not … spanked or grounded.
- If at first you don’t succeed … get new batteries.
- You get out of something only what you … see in the picture on the box.
- When the blind lead the blind … get out of the way.
- A bird in the hand … is going to poop on you.
- And the WINNER and last one!
- Better late than … pregnant.