- Erase can’t & don’t from your vocabulary.
- Try to find the good in a bad situation.
- Work during normal work hours and not during kid time.
- Involve everyone in daily chores and pretend it’s fun.
- Stop yelling.
- Play hide and seek more. If you have a good spot, they’ll be busy for awhile.
- Move away from the cell phone.
- Set up a weekly (or monthly) dinner menu and stick to it … unless you like being a short order cook.
- Follow through with promises and time-outs.
- Hug, hug and hug some more.
You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again. ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762